Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saint Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize


Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? The Nobel Prize Committee in Oslo, Norway has decided to award this years Nobel Peace Prize to President Obama.
I am not sure I even have a response.
The head of the committee, Thorbjoern Jagland , defended the decision by saying:
"Can someone tell me who did more than him this year? It is difficult to name a winner of the peace prize who is more in line with Alfred Nobel's will."

Jagland, a former Norwegian prime minister, said "we are capturing the spirit of the times, the needs of the era."

Did they not have anyone else? No one else? What about Brad Pitt, or that kid that caught the fly ball and threw it back on the field? They both seem equally worthy.
At least President Obama is popular somewhere, because here in the US, he is not making any new friends, on either side of the political spectrum.
I think I'll go watch True Blood reruns. It's certainly more believable.

No comments: