Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Paris loves RipperBravo6?


Nope, just a little bit of the fun to be had at www.photofunia.com . Check it out, almost as good as making yourself a dancing elf at www.jibjab.com .
Well, the long holiday weekend looms. With the market in the crapper (or is it up? I have stopped looking.) and President-Elect Obama filling his cabinet with Clinton era gun-grabbers and the Russian Navy sucking face with the Venezuelans, what do we have to give thanks for? Well, our preps of course!
With a few days off work, I am dedicating myself to reviewing what I have in place so far and making a plan to get where I want to be. I think we have about a month and a half of food, if we conserve in the larder, but I know we are short of things for breakfast, snacks, deserts and meat. I will make a list of what we have and then a list of what else we will want to pick up before the first of the year.
I am worried about the liquidity of our local bank, so I am going to start diverting funds every payday to more mobile forms of wealth (ie. hard currency) which I will keep in the firesafe along with the trusty .38 Colt revolver. Armageddon is no time to have to stop and use the ATM.
I am hereby vowing to check every firearm we have this weekend to assure it is in working order and properly lubed. Magazines as well. And I will make an inventory sheet for ammo that I can update each time more is added. How much is enough? 500 rounds of .30-06 on M-1 Garand En-Bloc clips, 200 rounds of .30-06 loose including at least 50 rounds of M2 AP. 1200 rounds of .223 including 100 rounds of tracer, 250 rounds of 12 gauge 00 buck, 500 rounds of 9mm, 500 rounds of .45 ACP, 250 rounds of .38 Special, 250 rounds of .357 Magnum, 500 rounds of 7.62x39mm, 250 rounds of 9x18 and 2500 of .22LR. We are not there yet, but I am proud to say we are close.
I will also review Bug Out Bag contents with the family to make sure what we have now will be adequate through the winter.
Lots to do in 5 short days, but I am thankful for everyday that I have to prepare. In this crazy world, the best you can do is complete something prep related everyday. It gives you a nice feeling of accomplishment.
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving. RipperBravo6, OUT!

No comments: