Thursday, December 4, 2008

Blog Bag of the Month




This is the Diplomat Molle Ammo Bag. I found this bag online at LA Police Gear.(http://www.lapolicegear.com/)

Here is the online description:


The Diplomat Molle Ammo Bag is a great multi-function bag. It was designed to be rugged and durable to withstand whatever you may need to put it through. Instead of normal cloth thread Diplomat used nylon thread to make it even tougher. The MOLLE Ammo Bag can be use for an ammo bag (as the name suggests), a first aid kit, a small travel bag, or an emergency kit. It can fit right under the front seat of a truck or Humvee so it can be close at hand whenever you may need it. The Diplomat MOLLE Ammo bag can be carried by it's carry handle, or you can use the shoulder strap that is included with the bag. The inside features various clips, pouches and Velcro to attach and organize all the gear you need. Dimensions: 13.5" x 11" x 6".


Looked like an interesting bag. Just about the right size for a "Get Home" kit or to carry a pistol and ammo to the range. Then I saw the price! This bag is listed at LA Police Gear for $9.99! Yep, $10 for a MOLLE bag! You can't get a good MOLLE pouch for $10 these days. I have ordered two of them and they are expected to arrive in the next few days. I will post a review when they get here, but at $9.99 they would have to be pretty crappy to disappoint. Not sure exactly what I will use them for (which is why I got 2). The color choices were Black, OD Green and Coyote Brown. All my other gear is in Coyote, so I got both bags in it. I can see mounting this to the outside of a large rucksack to carry food, snivel gear, extra ammo, or just about anything that you might want the option of removing and carrying seperatley. Diplomat also makes a laptop sized "Combat Briefcase" type bag and a nice looking MOLLE 3 day backpack. I put those on my Christmas list.

No comments: